EUSEW 2013 is set to be an exciting event that is packed full of activities bringing together energy stakeholders and the general public - and a great opportunity to further promote the message on chemistry and energy efficiency to a wider audience.
Full details can be found on the EUSEW 2013 website. This site contains all you need to know about attending events, submitting projects for the annual Awards or organising Energy Day activities that are taking place across Europe. The core message of this eighth edition of EUSEW is: 'One small step from you, one giant leap for Europe!'
If you haven't yet registered for any events, on-the-day registration is possible for some. But check the website for details.
SusChem will be reporting back from a number of Smart Cities orientated sessions at the high-level policy conference taking place in Brussels in particular:
- Towards EU2020 And Beyond – Local And Regional Actions taking place in the European Commission's Charlemagne Building in Brussels on the morning of 25 June
- Energy Efficiency taking place in the Charlemagne building during the afternoon of 25 June
- Towards smart cities and smart housing in Europe also taking place in the afternoon of 25 June in the Committee of the Regions Building, room JDE 51
- Innovation In Energy Efficiency Buildings And Districts For Smart Built Environment taking place on the morning of 26 June in the Committee of the Regions building in Brussels and organised in association with the Energy Efficient Buildings Association (E2BA) and
- From Ambition to Action: How to best deliver European building sector policies on the ground? on the afternoon of 26 June in the Committee of the Regions building and organised by the Buildings Performance Institute Europe.
What is EUSEW?
The EUSEW event is organised by the European Commission's Directorate-General for Energy, the Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation (EACI), the European Institutions, major energy actors and private companies. EUSEW 2013 celebrates innovative energy initiatives for a sustainable future – very much a SusChem theme.
You can follow EUSEW 2013 on Twitter by searching for the hashtag #EUSEW2013. For more information on SusChem's Key Innovations in Energy Efficiency in Buildings for Smart Cities access the SusChem report here.