One of SusChem's goals is to foster greater collaboration between larger chemical players and SMEs in the sector. The Open Innovation Workshop is part of our work in this area and participants will learn about the EU funding instruments available to SMEs and experience first-hand the creation of new partnerships as innovative SMEs from across Europe pitch their bright ideas and novel technologies to big chemical companies.
During the event more than 20 leading SMEs, from across Europe with ambitions to connect to new industrial partners and investors will present their elevator pitches in three fields of interest to sustainable chemistry:
- ICT for chemical and bio-tech processes
- Eco-innovation technologies
- Advanced materials and nano-technologies
Listening to them will be representatives from leading Multinational Chemical Companies, including BASF, Bayer AG, Solvay, Dow, DuPont, Arkema, Repsol, DSM, EVONIK Akzo Nobel and Clariant, that are keen to connect to innovative SMEs.
In addition there will be a dedicated SME poster session where SMEs will be able to present their innovative technologies and expertise to potential partners and collaborators.
Finally, a Speed Dating Brokerage Session will give the opportunity to network and set up one-on-one meetings with the 150+ participants from industry, academia, RTOs, leading experts and policymakers who have already registered to attend the SusChem Stakeholder event.
Who Should Attend?
The aim of the SME workshop is to facilitate the development of new partnerships and to start building the bridges required to foster successful collaborations between SMEs and big chemical companies. Anyone interested in innovation and SMEs in Europe can attend, including:
- Venture Capitalists
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity! Spaces are filling up quickly, so reserve your place HERE!
Registration for this event is in conjunction with the main 2015 SusChem Stakeholder event. The main focus of the Stakeholder event will be the recent SusChem Strategic Innovation and Research Agenda (SIRA) and how it is being implemented. The overall theme of this year's event is 'Propelling Sustainable Chemistry to exciting new frontiers - Implementing the New Strategic Innovation and Research Agenda'.
The packed programme includes many exciting activities over two days including:
- Presentation of the key highlights addressed in the SIRA by SusChem Board members, followed by a stakeholder breakout discussion on how to translate the SIRA into tangible action
- Conclusions from breakout session discussions to be addressed in a lively panel debate on day two, and
- The latest news and activities from our SusChem National Technology Platforms (NTPs)
Confirmed speakers over the two days include:
- Rudolf Strohmeier, Deputy Director General, DG Research and Innovation
- Klaus H. Sommer, Senior VP Bayer Technology Services and Chairman of the SusChem Board
- Christos Tokamanis, Head of Unit Nano and Converging Sciences and Technologies, DG Research and Innovation
- Dirk Carrez, Executive Director, Biobased Industry Consortium
- Loredana Ghinea, Executive Director, A.SPIRE
For a complete list of confirmed speakers please refer to our updated agenda. Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity! Register now to avoid disappointment!
Book your accommodation before 29 May!
Accommodation for delegates is also available at the Sheraton Rogier Hotel in Brussels for the days of the event. SusChem has managed to extend the deadline for booking rooms a fixed discount rate until 29 May. You can book via this link. Don't delay!
See you in Brussels on 8 and 9 June!