One small step from you, one giant leap for Europe! That’s the core message of this eighth edition of the EUSEW. The event takes place from 24 to 28 June and registration is open now!
EUSEW 2013 is set to be an exciting event that is packed full of activities that bring together energy stakeholders and the general public - and a great opportunity to further promote the message on chemistry and energy efficiency to a wider audience.
Details can be found on the EUSEW 2013 website that has been designed to ensure all participants can easily manage their involvement in the Week. The site contains all you need to know about attending events, submitting projects for the annual Awards or organising Energy Day activities that are taking place across Europe.
To participate in the high-level policy conference taking place in Brussels, or any event happening in your region or city, you must first create an account and then register for the conference, workshop, guided tour or exhibition of your choice.
A number of events taking place as part of the high-level conference in Brussels have caught SusChem’s eye:
- Towards EU2020 And Beyond – Local And Regional Actions taking place in the European Commission's Charlemagne Building in Brussels on the morning of 25 June
- Energy Efficiency taking place in the Charlemagne building during the afternoon of 25 June
- Towards smart cities and smart housing in Europe also taking place in the afternoon of 25 June in the Committee of the Regions Building, room JDE 51
- Innovation In Energy Efficiency Buildings And Districts For Smart Built Environment taking place on the morning of 26 June in the Committee of the Regions building in Brussels and organized in association with the Energy Efficient Buildings Association (E2BA) and
- From Ambition to Action: How to best deliver European building sector policies on the ground? on the afternoon of 26 June in the Commitee of the Regions building and organised by the Buildings Performance Institute Europe.
The EUSEW event is organised by the European Commission's Directorate-General for Energy, the Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation (EACI), the European Institutions, major energy actors and private companies. EUSEW 2013 celebrates innovative energy initiatives for a sustainable future – very much a SusChem theme.
The first EUSEW took place in 2006 and showcases activities dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions. It is designed to spread best practices, inspire new ideas and build alliances to help meet the EU’s energy and climate goals.