The agenda for the first BIO-TIC webinar on 22 May on biosurfactants includes:
- Introduction to BIO-TIC from Pierre Barthélemy, Cefic Executive Director for Research & Innovation
- Industrial Biotechnology (IB) market roadmap by Anna Saarentaus, Principal in Pöyry
- Overview on Biosurfactants by Prof. Wim Soetaert, Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant
- Future of Biosurfactants according to BIO-TIC by Pierre Barthélemy
- Q&A session
The BIO-TIC project has extensively examined the market, R&D and technological hurdles for biosurfactants and with this webinar is now presenting its findings to the public. Later this year, an integrated roadmap with the main findings of the project including examples on all the five business cases will be publicly available on the project website and will be presented at the project final conference 'From bugs to business: Unlocking the Bioeconomy in Europe' on 23 June.
The project’s dissemination activity will continue over the summer with more webinars scheduled on the other BIO-TIC business cases and on the uptake of IB in general. Note the webinar schedule is your agenda now!
- Tuesday 26 May 2015, 10-11 am CET: Chemical Building Blocks organised by TNO
- Monday 8 June 2015, 10-11 am CET: CO2-based Chemicals organised by Nova Institute
- Wednesday 10 June 2015, 10-11 am CET: European Bioeconomy revisited organised by DECHEMA
- Tuesday 7 July, 1-2 pm CET: Where next: Industrial Biotechnology? – A review of the results of the BIO-TIC project organised by EuropaBio
- TBD, Webinar on Biofuels organised by DECHEMA
You can register for all the webinars for free via: https://dechema.ilinc.com.
BIO-TIC Final Conference
As mentioned above the SusChem inspired FP7 BIO-TIC project will be holding its final conference entitled ‘From bugs to business! Unlocking the Bioeconomy in Europe’ on the afternoon of 23 June 2015 in central Brussels.
The conference will provide all you need to know about industrial biotechnology (IB) in Europe in one compact and easily digestible event. It will be the place for you to embark on the bioeconomy journey! Registration for the event is now open and is free of charge.
What is BIO-TIC?
Funded by the European Commission, BIO-TIC is an FP7 project launched in 2012 with with the vision to investigate hurdles and critical success factors to deploy industrial biotechnology in Europe.
Modern use of industrial biotechnology is critical in a bio-based economy. Deploying the full potential of biotech innovation will enable European industry to deliver high-value products to consumers and create new commercial opportunities. New feedstock demands will lead to synergies amongst SMEs and large industrial partners. New technological developments will boost European export of technology and facilities by bringing some of Europe’s top sectors together: chemical industry, engineering and renewables.
For more information about BIO-TIC visit the project website or contact Pierre Barthélemy, Cefic Executive Director for research and innovation.