Project partners can request support for project risk analysis, exploitation strategy seminars, business plan development, getting assistance for patenting and organising brokerage events, as well as ad hoc assistance. SSERR’s aim is to bridge the gap between research and business.
The aim of the service is to support exploitation of research results. This might result in the creation of a product, process or service; it might mean the establishment of new standards; or the delivery of new training courses or curricula. Appropriate exploitation leads to innovation, new business, jobs and growth. Exploitation is a crucial element of EU research programmes and SSERR is here to help!
SusChem also supports its stakeholders to exploit the results of SusChem inspired projects through our brokerage events that help consortia building for Commission calls, our support to SMEs through SME workshops and our Guide to Innovation Funding for SMEs in Europe and our dedication to help bridge the ‘innovation valley of death’ in general and for Key Enabling Technologies in particular.
Who and what of SSERR
There are many reasons to contact SSERR:
- If you have your potentially exploitable results but don’t know how to protect them
- If you need to develop a viable plan for the exploitation and dissemination the research results
- If you want to develop a business plan but don’t know all the items to be considered
- If you are you looking for businesses and investors
SSERR can provide the answers you need using a series of tailored, on demand, free services including:
- Project Risk Analysis to identify the risks and potential obstacles to the future exploitation of project results
- Exploitation Strategy Seminars to brainstorm on key results, and how to address the risks and obstacles associated with exploitation
- Business Plan Development service to assist project partners in commercialisation of results
- Assistance for Patenting and the protection of intellectual property rights
- Brokerage Events to allow projects to present their exploitable results to key investment actors
SSERR services can be accessed at any time during a project life cycle, even after the project has been completed. All that is required is an email from the Project Coordinator to RTD-ENERGY-SSERR@ec.europa.eu requesting SSERR assistance. The Project Coordinator and relevant Commission department then agree on the services and the Commission proposes a consultant who will deliver the service(s). The details are agreed between the Project Coordinator and the consultant under a confidentiality agreement. And all for free!
For further information download the initiative's leaflet, visit the SSERR website, or contact the Commission via email.