The session will be led by Nova’s CCU-experts Michael Carus and Achim Raschka who will give five presentations at the workshop and additional short presentations from the participants are also welcome. The event will leave plenty of room for discussions.
Participants will have the chance to actively shape content and form of the event and contribute short presentations on their work and the topics they are most interested in.
“At the moment, there is no space for experts to really get together and exchange knowledge, ask questions and meet people from the same and other sectors of the economy – be it from R&D or manufacturing – who might have different views and perspectives on the topics,” states Michael Carus.
The presentations by nova-Institute will highlight:
- The potential of Carbon Dioxide Utilization in combination with renewable energy
- The political framework for commercial CCU projects
- The economy and ecology of CCU
- Artificial Photosynthesis: Definition and development status
- The latest technology developments and implementation status of CCU derived fuels, chemicals and polymers including:
- use of flue gases and industrial gases,
- direct air capture,
- artificial photosynthesis,
- photocatalytic water splitting,
- hybrid systems,
- (bio)electrochemical processes,
- biotechnology processes,
- Fischer-Tropsch synthesis (PtL),
- Methanisation (PtG)
More information about the event and a full agenda are available here. Participants in the nova sessions are limited to 20 people and places will be offered on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis, so if you are interested in attending the event registration is advised as soon as possible.
The venue is the Wöllhaf Conference Centre at the Bonn/ Cologne airport.
SusChem and CO2
nova Sessions are a new, interactive and informative series of events around topical issues relating to the biobased and CO2-based economies organised by the nova-Institute. In the sessions interested experts from industry, associations, policy and civil society get together with leading nova experts at one-day workshops to get up-to-date, stay informed and discuss different topics.
You can find more detailed information on the full programme of nova sessions here.