The new call for ideas is intended to:
- Help identifying which research and innovation areas attract most interest from innovators and innovation users, and
- Stimulate developers and providers of innovative solutions to engage in projects of greater ambition in terms of scope, scale and impact
Ideas are invited at this stage for possible pilot/demonstration projects in the following areas:
- Systemic eco-innovation for a circular economy
- Climate services
- Nature-based solutions
The Commission will carefully examine all ideas received with a view to:
- Designing its 2016 – 2017 work programme and ensuing calls for proposals, and
- Defining and implementing a supportive EU research and innovation policy framework
The Commission may use some, all or none of the ideas that are proposed in future calls and no grants will be awarded as a direct result of this call for ideas.
For more information, please go to the survey webpage or contact Avelino Gonzalez-Gonzalez at the European Commission. The deadline for submission to the call survey is 28 February 2015.