The end is nigh! SusChem's FP7 CRM_InnoNet project is approaching its final few days of activity and has just published its tenth and final Issue newsletter. This final issue covers the project's final high level conference (see below), announces the project's new video and much more!
As well as highlighting the “SUBSTITUTION means EVOLUTION” conference on 17 June 2015 the newsletter features the project's new video addressing the importance of substitution of CRMs for Europe’s economic growth and competitiveness. The video is embedded below.
Also covered are a short summary and link to the project‘s five roadmaps and summary report, a summary of the CRM policy workshop that took place on 3 March (with links to all the presentations given), a close-up article on the UK's Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) and plenty of links to other upcoming events!
There is still time to register for CRM_InnoNet's final high level conference called 'SUBSTITUTION means EVOLUTION' taking place on 17 June in Brussels. This free conference will be your one-stop shop to find out all you need to know about substitution of CRMs in Europe.
At the event you will:
- Learn about the opportunities provided by substitution in terms of CRMs and how it can solve technological challenges.
- Witness the state of play of CRM substitution activities in Europe with keynote speeches from companies and government bodies.
- Meet up with key EU industrial sectors in the area of substitution.
- Engage in debates to implement recommendations towards a European circular economy.
- Discuss with policy makers, industrial players, entrepreneurs and academia during the networking cocktail.
- Become part of the continuing European CRM Innovation Network and meet potential partners for substitution projects in Horizon 2020.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Eva Kailil, MEP - first STOA vice-chair
- Iñigo Charola, Graphenea
- Dario della Sala, ENEA, Italian Agency for new technologies, energy and sustainable economic development
- Thomas Lograsso, Critical Materials Institute, USA
- Holger Gruenewald, Juelich Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
- Eberhard Gschwindt, European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Christos Tokamanis, European Commission
The CRM_InnoNet Innovation Network is a Coordination and Support Action (CSA) funded under FP7 that is creating an integrated community to drive innovation in the field of critical raw material substitution for the benefit of EU industry. SusChem is a significant supporter of the network.
For more information on CRM_InnoNet and the conference, email the project secretariat at the UK’s Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN) and you can also follow the project on Twitter.